Twenty One

Saturday, July 14, 2012 |



I'm offficially 21 years old. 


Just had one hell of a night, and I'm so tired right now, but this blog post is a must.


---


Twenty One. This used to be an important age because a lot of stuff were legal back in the old times the moment you turned 21.Eventually it became a monument of a journey of our lives.


The first twenty one years are the longest half of your life.


I wonder how true this quote is. Will the next twenty one years flash before my eyes like lightning and I'll suddenly look up and realise I'm 42? Seems like I'm talking way too far ahead of myself....


But I do believe that 21 starts a new chapter in your life. Some things remain while some things just have to go to make space for new stuff. The universe has everything planned out to be just the way they are.




I'm an adult now, not a kid anymore.


I can't always run home for shelter, I can't always have a pair of ears for my complains, I can't always have a pair of arms for safety and protection, I can't always hope for my parents to settle everything for me, I can't always have help when I need them.


Growing up is just about realizing how much responsibility you need to take up, whether its your own or others.


I already had 20 awesome years, with up and downs, with happiness and sorrow, but nevertheless I'm standing here facing the start of my 21, still feeling great about the years to come. Life has treated me well, and it always will.


Thank you to everyone who contributed to the first 20 years of my life, and may you still be there for the next 20, 40, 60 years. 
Thank you to my parents and my family for always being there for me, and I walk forward knowing I always have a road to turn back.
Thank you to all my beloved friends that stick together with me at my worst and at my best. 
Thank you to all the wishes I got through all sorts of communication ways. 
Thank you myself, for being just me, and always staying true to that.


Happy 21st Birthday to myself. 
 




And all I wanted was a wish from you,
Shanay


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...