CNY 2012 [Ep3: Food, food & food]

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 |



27 January 2012, Friday

Seriously CNY is about food, food and still food. You eat and eat and eat untill you forget how much you have ate and come to regret it. Good thing this year I was so sick I stayed away from most food.


So on Chor 5 when I was finally free from family activities, I went out for our own reunion lunch with my girls.Too bad Mark and Kai Wei weren't able to attend.


We went to Daorae Koren BBQ Restaurant @ Sri Petaling. Been to this restaurant for dunno how many times already but I still love the food!




Side dishes!

No matter what you all tell me I still think this is just plain maggie mee.

Frying beef

A plate I really enjoy...but i forgot the name ><

a mess after we finished!

Was planning to go house by house to "bai nian" that day, but too bad the plan fell apart. ><


Easy and simple is the best. =)


----


28 January 2012, Saturday


My eldest uncle treated us for dinner at V Garden Restaurant, Klang. We were here last year also, and man was it packed with people!


Meanwhile throughout the whole CNY I had been mentioning that I would really like to wear a Cheongsam during this time of the year, but since CNY was almost over by then I kept saying next year next year, knowing well deep down that I wouldn't be in Malaysia next year this time for CNY anyway.


But guess what.....my aunt actually gave me a cheongsam!




Got so excited I changed into it straight away. Face the fact, it was chor 8 already and the second last day of school holidays, so there was like zero chance I would be able to wear it anymore, so might as well wear it on then.


When you wear a Cheongsam when it's not Chinese New Year period it just seems weird.


So back to the dinner... now that I was in a cheongsam I had to control my food intake to prevent the small tummy from popping out.



Spot the HUGE chopsticks next to the original sized one! Used for "lao sang" but perfectly useful for other plates also. I'm sure all of us hate having to stand up to get a plate that is so far away from you while sitting at the round table.


Compliment from my uncle! I still prefer Chivas.


The cousins!


And one last photo of me in a cheongsam! Not likely to wear it untill next year CNY!




And that's a wrap for my CNY posts. It's 29th of Feb today, and while being the special leap year day it is, it also shows how back behind I am on my blog posts.


Coming up soon are my January photos wrap,  Final showcase post, Genting 2.0 with the college gang post, Febuary photos wrap, 1st nail art experience post and perhaps or perhaps not Mist Club post. 


Reminder to self : Be a better blogger and take more photos for record purpose!!


Photos from my own  
Picasa Album
Facebook 
Instagram



Bite bite crunch crunch swallow,
Shanay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...