Good Bye 2011

Saturday, December 31, 2011 |



At the beginning of 2011, I wrote down my New Year's Resolution. (see here). Other than the first one, I didn't really achieve any of them. Seems like a year is really not enough for big changes.


Now, in the blink of an eye 2011 is almost over. There's a saying that as you get older, times goes by faster.


What was 2011 for you?


2011 was a year of making choices and deciding.

2011 was a year of dealing with stuff that had never been though of before.

2011 was a year of growing up, whether I liked it or not.

2011 was a year that made me realise how heavy the responsibility on my shoulders would, and were; how to grasp on to stuff that I had right now before I lost them to time.


Life is just as simple as this. You don't have another chance to be twenty.


-----










Sometimes I really wonder, what will happen to us after we graduate. Can we still stay the same way we are now? Can we still just sit down at a random place, and chat till who knows who long?


I'll leave all the mushy mushy drama talk till next year when we graduate. But it'll still be the same sentance : College would never had been the same without you guys.


---










I doubt anyone counts the days since they last met each other like we do.


It's been more than 2 months now, but every weekend I still think of the possibilities of us meeting up. Distance is a bitch, and not a very kind one either.


But I can still see into the far future, where our kids will be happily playing together, and calling each of us Auntie something! =)


----




Through thick and thin, there are people who still stand by your side. When you're feeling that it the responsibility your age should handle, there are still people that pat you on your head and get everything done for you.

No matter where and when, deep down you still wanna feel like a child.


----


2011 is counting down, and 2012 is just right around the corner.


I saw this quote from the movie "New Year's Eve" that day, and I think it's really inspiring. The scene was right after the ball drop at New York Time's Square stopped halfway.


It's suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the new year, to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps, our promises made and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures or closed ourselves down for fear of getting hurt coz that is what new years is all about- getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And stop worrying about what if and start embracing what would be. So when that ball drops at midnight and it will drop, let's remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight but all year long.



I never did really announce this to everyone, but I alread have a solid plan of flying off to UK next year, and stay there for my degree for two years. It isn't a very long time, yet it isn't a short breeze of time either. That would explain all my sentimental and emotional moments, I guess. The fact of knowing I won't be on the same land next year this time makes me sad.


I know I did a lot of stupid wrong stuff in 2011, and I know I did a great deal of good stuff in 2011 as well.


I'm sorry to those I offended, I apologize for everything I did wrong. At the same time, I'm grateful at those who helped me throughout this long year, and I'm glad to have the love of so many people.



谢谢你们 爱我的每个人


Good Bye 2011,
may you step slowly into history, and bring with you all misfortunes of the year.


Hello 2012,
may you be the new chance everyone of us deserves to get.



Angels bought everyone here,
Shanay




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...