Midwinter

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 |



!
Happy Midwinter Festival



It's the Midwinter Festival today! Till today only I found out that the "至"" "(zhi) in the word "冬至 " didn't mean 'come'. It actually meant 'the most'. So the word "dong zhi" means that it's the most winter time day in the whole season! Quite an info!


As tradition goes, my family and I made some "tang yuan"s today. Not for any ritual ceremony or anything, but just for the sake of fun. =)



ball shaped TangYuans





Being cooked...




 
Bon Appétit! 






------------------------------------------






I'm leaving for Penang tomorrow, and I won't be back until the 25th. at least. 


Yup, I'm going to spend my Christmas and Christmas Eve at Penang, hopefully it'll be fun with the other side of the family, which also happens to be the only side of the family that celebrates Christmas...


But... this blog is opened 24/7! No way I'm gonna miss a Christmas countdown post just because I'm at somewhere where internet might not be accessible. 


Stay tuned to find out! 


Christmas mode activated, 
Shanay

 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...